admin February 24, 2022
Verification is the primary process of any financial institution that helps to identify the identity of the user and supports the security and safety process. The same process applies to the Cash App, one of the most trusted, fast, and secure applications that verify the identity of its users by asking for Full name, DOB, and SSN number. However, the rest of the process is yet to be discussed. So, if you are someone seeking How To Verify My Identity On Cash App? Voila!, you have landed in the right place.
With emerging scams on the financial institutions, the need for verification is going up as the verification process is there to protect and identify who you are.
Similarly, Cash App also allows new users or the already existing ones who have not verified yet, to verify their accounts by providing the required details.
Also, verification becomes important when it is the matter of increasing the transaction limits that are set for unverified users. This is something designed by several financial institutions to motivate users to get verified, so do in the Cash App.
An unverified user on the Cash App can only send $250 in a week and receives up to $1000 only. In case the user wishes to spend more than the limits, he or she needs to be verified by providing government identity, Full name, and DOB.
How To Verify Identity On Cash App?
We have listed down the process which will help you to verify your Cash App account.
- Get inside of Cash Application and log in if you are logged out.
- Then, grab the “Balance” section and move down to the fund’s section.
- Choose the “Add Card” option.
- After that, provide personal information- name, date of birth, account number, expiration date, and CVV number.
- Next, grab the “Profile” option and provide your SSN.
- Also, take a snap of your document issued by the government by allowing Cash App.
- Take a selfie using your cash app and submit the request. It will take 24-48 hours to get a confirmation.
- Finally, keep following the steps given on the screen to complete the process.
How long does it take to verify your Identity?
The verification on the Cash App generally takes 2 business days or 24-48 hours to complete the process. And, the verification process can be done with the help of a mobile app.
It is important to know that your cash app verification requires your Full Name, Date of Birth, and Address.
Verification of account leads to extending the limit of your transactions as those who do not get verified can only send $250 in 7 seven periods.
After completing the verification process, users can send $7500 in a week and receive an unlimited amount.
Also, it helps to secure the data of your account from unwanted reach. This is something very essential when it comes to the security of your account.
How To Check The Identity On Cash App?
Sadly, there is no option on the Cash App that can be useful to check the identity on the cash app.
We have listed down the procedure to verify your account with ease of mind.
- Initially, launch cash app.
- Click the “Balance” tab keep going down until you find the “Fund” section.
- Tap on the “Add Card” option.
- On the next page, enter your details such as Card number, CVV number, DOB, and expiry date.
- Then, the user needs to mention the SSN number.
- After that, the user needs to click a government-approved ID with your device’s camera. Also, make sure you allow Cash App to access your camera.
- Additionally, you need to take a selfie and upload the request.
- The status of your verification will be updated within 24-48 hours.
By following these steps, the identify verification will take place and you will be able to send $7500 and receive an unlimited amount.
How do I know my Cash App is Verified?
You will get a notification on your email confirming that you are now a verified user of the Cash App. Additionally, you will be able to see the unlocked options for you such as buying and selling Bitcoin and Stocks.
Similarly, the spending limit for your cash app account will be seen to increase.
These are the signs that are enough to identify that your account is now verified.
Benefits of Verifying My Cash App Account
As we discussed earlier that there are several advantages when you get verified on the Cash App. here we have pointed it out to make it better understandable.
- Verified users can start buying and selling Bitcoin and Stocks. This is something crucial for a crypto guy.
- After verification, the user will see the limits get increased from $250 to $7500 in case of sending funds. However, can receive an unlimited amount once verified.
- Verify account holder gets the VISA Debit Card, an essential featured card used in the store or for online purchases.
- In addition, it helps to protect your account from fraudulent acts (important).
Why Does Cash App Verify Social Security Number and Driver’s License?
When any user wishes to make his account verified, he has to provide the last four digits of the SSN number and his Driver’s License or any other government-approved document to complete the process.
Actually, the Cash App by Square is a legal institution that facilitates common ones to use its application to share and receive funds across the USA or UK. The Application is approved by the government and therefore shares all the data with the government to maintain the efficacy of its services.
Therefore, it becomes important to verify the account with the authentic ID proof and therefore what can be better than the government-approved IDs for the purpose.
This is why the cash app asks for such documents at the time of verification.
Why Driver’s license and SSN are important?
Driver’s license and SSN number are important at the time of verification because these two are government-approved IDs.
Here is something to understand Cash App is a legal platform where people take the benefit of transacting funds by downloading the app from app stores and creating an account.
Since it is legal and approved by the government, it needs to deliver authentic data to the government agency.
This is why these two documents are considered essential.
Square Cash app is significant in terms of sending and receiving funds with the help of $Cashtag (a unique account code inbuilt).
There are basically two kinds of users on the cash app; Verified and Unverified users.
Unverified users face restrictions when it comes to sending and receiving funds- Sending $250 in a week and Receiving $1000 in a month.
However, verified users can send up to $7500 and have no limits to receiving funds.
Cash App user can verify their account by providing SSN number, Driving license, full name, DOB, and Address. Also, the user should be more than 18 years to get verified on the cash app.
In case, a user finds any issue in the verification process, he or she can reach out to the Cash App Support Team.
Hope this post has been proved beneficial for How To Verify My Identity On Cash App?
Let us know your doubts that have emerged while reading the post.